Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- Check in time is 3 pm, Check out is 11 am.
- You must be 21 years of age to rent a cabin.
- Children under the age of 6 stay free, with an accompanying adult.
- Quoted rates are subject to an additional 10% for taxes. 6% for the State of Illinois and 4% for a county Hotel tax.
- To book your vacation, a 50% deposit is required.
- A full refund is available up to 14 days prior to check in.
- Sorry, but no pets are allowed in the cabins.
- Two night minimum stay required, unless there is a single night available between bookings.
- The Outdoorsman, Hiker and the Angler each sleep a total of 6 people. Quoted Rates are for up to 2 people. Each additional person will be $10 per person per night.
- The Bunkhouse sleeps up to 9 people. The quoted rate is for up to 4 people. Each additional person will be $10 per person per night.
- Upon check out, please wash your dishes, move all trash to the outside receptacle, and place soiled towels in the laundry basket.
What amenities are provided in the cabin?
Our cabins include: bedding (sheets, blankets, pillows), towels and washcloths, toilet paper, bath & hand soap, dish soap, trash bags, paper towels, toaster, coffee maker, filters, can opener, dishes, glasses, utensils, pots & pans, stove, fridge, central heat & air, satellite TV with DVD/VCR, camp fire pit, wood, charcoal grill, and lawn chairs.
Do you allow pets?
No, pets are not allowed in the cabins.
Is smoking allowed on the premises?
Smoking is not allowed in the cabins. You are welcome to smoke outside on our porches, but please utilize the ashtrays provided.
What is your cancellation policy?
Once we have received your deposit, we mark your vacation days as unavailable on our calendar. A cancellation with a full refund is allowed up to 14 days prior to your check in date. A cancellation within two weeks of your check in date will forfeit your deposit. No exceptions.
What is the closest store for supplies?
Just 3.5 miles down the road, along Illinois Route 145 in Eddyville, Illinois is a gas station/convenience mart for your basic necessities. In addition, Golconda, Illinois is approximately 10 miles away and has a small town grocery store. For a larger selection and a Super Walmart, Harrisburg, Illinois, is approximately 18 miles away.
Are your cabins wheelchair accessible?
Due to the natural rugged terrain of the area, none of our property is completely wheelchair accessible. However, our Outdoorsman cabin is the most accessible, as it has no stairs at the entrance or exit, and is all on one level.
Are there good restaurants nearby?
While there are no chain restaurants nearby, there are some good places to eat in the area. For a great sandwich or steak, we recommend the Shawnee Lounge and Restaurant in nearby Eddyville, Illinois, or The Dairy Bar in Golconda for a good plate lunch. The Shawnee Mart offers quick pizzas, lunch specials, and fresh made deli sandwiches.